What is the composition of Juvederm Voluma?
This clear and colorless filler has the ability to make one’s face look younger; therefore, it has some key chemicals and contrasts which are mandatory for the potential users to know more about it in depth before they buy Juvederm Voluma as this may affect certain everlasting side effects. Juvederm Voluma consists of
- Hyaluronic acid: this is a sugar that is in one’s face’s skin. This has many benefits for the facial skin like it hydrates dry skin, prevents wrinkles, speeds up the healing of wounds, minimizes appearance of fine lines. This absorbs the water content in the face and takes its position to maintain a formed face. One of its advantages is that it is easily reversible by a quick short insertion of an enzyme.
- Non-pyrogenic: This is a contrast which has no radiations or enthalpy and is used for medicine scanning like x-ray or CT scans.
- Viscoelastic: Materials like these have the properties of and are a crossover of elastic(solid- rugged) and viscous (liquidly solid- gooey or slimy kind of like honey), this helps in the formation of the face which makes it look shaped.
- Sterile: This means that Juvederm Voluma is free of bacteria and germs, therefore, it is clean and pure and won’t give you infections
All of these properties and chemicals sum up to make Juvederm Voluma. As you can see there aren’t any harmful substances involved so there isn’t any reason not to buy Juvederm Voluma.
Side effects of Juvederm Voluma
Even though Juvederm Voluma is free from harmful substances or properties but just like any other filler or medicine it has its side effects. Highly unlikely, there is a possibility that you may get diseases or uncomfortable symptoms if the excessive amount is used or the application is not handled carefully. Following are side effects that may come with Juvederm Voluma:
- Skin diseases (less likely)
Precautions after application of Juvederm Voluma
Even though this high quality filler has side effects but that doesn’t mean they can’t be avoided. With proper care for your facial skin and if you follow these precautions correctly, the chances of a side effect are less likely to none. Here are some precautions
- Avoid touching, pressing, and rubbing the area where the filler was injected.
- Avoid exercise that can cause sweat to your face
- DO NOT get excessive heat of the sun.
- For 24-48 hours avoid caffeine, foods with high sodium levels, foods with high sugar levels, fiery foods, cigarettes, alcohol, and Niacin supplement and citric heavy fruits like lemon. These can contribute to the swelling.
- The use of Retin-A or similar products should be avoided at all costs for 2 days after the treatment.
- Facials, laser treatments, and cosmetic treatments and makeup should be avoided.
- For 24 Hours, Icing should be done in the area where Juvederm Voluma is implanted.